The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

by Suzanne Collins




Well, that escalated quickly...  This book had me on a roller coaster of emotions.  The origin story of Coriolanus Snow.  The in depth view of the 10th Hunger Games.  How it all started.  I fell deeply into this story.  The fact that there is even another Hunger Games book is amazing!  I was a little leery of this when I heard it was about Snow's life before Katniss, but this book did not disappoint.  I was so immersed and got so very nervous when the ending drew near.  I never thought in a million years I would be rooting for Snow.  The deterioration of his personality and how quickly it turned violent was horrible to watch and, as much as I wanted to look away, I couldn't.  There were about 50 pages toward the last half of the book that got a bit boring, but once you get past those few pages it gets intense.  Wow...  From the reviews I'm seeing it looks like I'm one of only a few people that actually enjoyed this book.  I just found the story so riveting.  How was Snow's love life going to end?  What about his friends?  His family?  Tigris is actually his cousin?! (<---- Non-spoilery.  You find this out in the first chapter.)  How did his life events turn around so much that he actually became president of Panem?  All of this nagged at me and I flew through this book.  My rooting for Snow was so off and on.  😂  One minute I would think, "Snow is actually a decent guy" and the next, "Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, SNOW!!!!!!  WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!".  Okay, before I become completely incoherent...  I loved this book.  It wasn't perfect, but I loved it.  If Suzanne Collins ever comes out with another Hunger Games book you best bet your sweet pappy I'm going to pre-order it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

A Light in the Window

Deadly Secrets