October Wrap Up #2

 October Wrap up #2



The Queen of Attolia

⭐⭐⭐



I gave this book three stars because I'm kind of in the middle of the road about it.  I didn't love it.  I didn't hate it.  It was just ok for me.  The first book, The Thief, was such a fun adventure and this second one felt like a totally different book entirely.  The first half of the book was just about Gen moping around, (which is understandable given the circumstances...) but I got a little bored with it.  Then we get into the wars between the kingdoms and I felt like we were only being given the facts, and I just wasn't able to be as immersed in the story.  It started picking up a little after that but not enough for me to give it that extra star.  Also... That ending?  With the romance thing?  Did not even see that coming...  My feelings on that are a little iffy to say the least. 😬  Overall, not super impressed but I do want to continue on and see if this story gets better.


LODESTAR

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



The fact that I've given every single one of these books a five star rating has to show how much I love these books.  Every time I pick one up I absolutely devour it.  The writing, the characters, the love triangle, the plot, the setting.  EVERYTHING.  I'm here for it.  I'm also extremely worried for my 'ship...  I need to order the next book.  Like NOW...  Urgh.  It's hard not to go into spoilers this far into the series but just know that these books keep getting better and better as I progress through them.  Why I haven't just binged the rest of the series I'll never know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deadly Secrets

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

A Light in the Window