The Thief

The Thief


by Megan Whalen Turner


I super duper enjoyed this book.  Gen, our main character, is one of my most favorite personalities to be able to enjoy seeing everything from his perspective.  Cocky, funny, arrogant, and altogether lovable for it.  We find Gen starting out in prison for stealing the king's seal ring and bragging loudly about it to anyone who will listen.  Aaaaaand, of course, who should hear it but the king's guards.  Then, as is another favorite trope of mine, a mysterious visitor comes knocking on the cell door to ask him if he would like to be released from prison to go on an adventure, all expenses paid, and when he completes the task set for him he will be freed.  All he has to do is steal something for him.  




Adventure, friendship, hilarious banter, and mystery.  This book had me loving every second I was reading it.  Not too much happens in this first book, but in the end it sets this series up for a much larger plot.  Also, I foresee romance in Gen's future and I am all here for it.  Let the 'shipping begin.  😍



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

A Light in the Window

Deadly Secrets