Series of Unfortunate Events (10 & 11)

The Slippery Slope

and

The Grim Grotto

by Lemony Snicket





I have to say, I always re-read the first few books in this series for nostalgia's sake, but upon continuing through the series this time I am absolutely loving it!  Lemony Snicket's writing had me laughing out loud so many times and the descriptions he uses are so enjoyable to read.  It's crazy how such depressing books can put a smile on your face even while your heart is breaking for the Baudelaire children the whole time.





The Slippery Slope starts out with the Baudelaire siblings getting separated and each having their own perilous journey.  Fighting to survive and to get away from the evil Count Olaf, they are determined to get back to each other.   Growing up, maturing, learning new interests, and maybe even a little romance, 😉 this book gave me all the feels.  Be prepared to want to rid the world of Count Olaf (one of my top villains of all time), and to feel so sorry for the three siblings that you wish you could reach through the pages and give them a big hug and tell them it's gonna be okay!  Overall, if you can handle all the anxiety and depression you'll feel while reading these books.... READ THEM.  They get better and better as they get closer to the ending of the series. 




In The Grim Grotto I got even more invested in the Baudelaire's lives.  We find them living on a submarine and struggling to get to a dangerous, hidden secret before Count Olaf and his henchmen get there first.  Everything seems to be working out just fine.  The siblings are making good progress. The only problem?  One of them contracts a life-threatening sickness.  Along the way the siblings make new friends, find out what a mycologist is, and learn that even the people they trust the most can betray them.  Once again this series has not disappointed me.  As I've mentioned before...... READ THEM!!!!


Two more books to go!  I can't wait to finish my re-read of this awesome series.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

A Light in the Window

Deadly Secrets