The Emperor of Nihon-Ja


Rangers Apprentice

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja


by John Flanagan


Once again the Ranger's Apprentice series has sucked me in and I can't put it down.  These characters are all so lovable and I just have to know what happens to them!  The banter back and forth between them is just great.  I laugh out loud every time.  Are these books suuuuper predictable?  Yes, but I still have a wonderful time reading them.  The action scenes are cool and I think John Flanagan does an excellent job of not letting it get too cheesy.  This tenth book is a fantastic continuation of the series with all my favorite characters joining together to overcome a powerful force that wants to bring down a good and kind emperor.  Action, adventure, romance, friendship.  This book has it all and I'm so happy there are still more books for me to be able to dive back into this world.  I will say that this book did drag a little towards the middle section but once I hit the 3/4 mark it picked up and I couldn't stop reading.  Highly, highly recommend the Ranger's Apprentice series for anyone who is looking for a light fantasy read.  




 
' Gundar seemed to come to a decision.  "Well, as my old mam used to say, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck."  "Very wise," Halt replied. "And what exactly do your mother's words of wisdom have to do with this situation?"  Gundar shrugged.  "It looks like a channel.  It's in the right place for a channel.  If I were digging one, this is where I'd dig a channel.  So. . ."  "So it's probably the channel?"  Selethen said.  Gundar grinned at him.  "Either that or it's a duck," he said. '
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Light in the Window

Deadly Secrets