The Elite

The Elite

by Kiera Cass



The Selection Series is basically if The Bachelor met The Hunger Games.  I enjoyed reading this second installation where we follow America as she tries to figure out if she could handle becoming queen and who she truly loves.  Maxon or Aspen?  I've never really been one for love triangles but I have to know how this story ends. (Spoiler alert... The spin-off series has already been out for a while and it's pretty obvious who she picks due to who her daughter is so bummer for me I didn't read this when it first came out. Oh well...) Well anyway, I'm curious to see how things will end up between the royalty and the rebels in book 3 so I will continue this series.  A few times while I was reading I had to roll my eyes at how immature some of these characters were being but maybe I've just outgrown some of these YA books.  Not that I don't still love reading YA, but wow the angst. 😂  I absolutely love America's maids and her relationship with them!  They are seriously awesome.  Also, the descriptions of the dresses they make for her sound amazing.  I would love for this series to be turned into a movie just to see what the wardrobe would look like.  As for the OTP I'm still not decided on who I want America to end up with.  I'm sure the scales will end up tipping in the last book.  Hmmmmm...  Overall this book kept me interested and I breezed right through it!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

A Light in the Window

Deadly Secrets