A Light in the Window


A Light in the Window by Jan Karon  


This book felt like coming home.  After reading the first book last year I haven't been able to get these characters off my mind.  This series makes me wish Mitford was a real town with real people where I could go and live out the rest of my life in coziness with flower gardens, all the coffee and comfort food you could ever need, and good friends that know you aren't perfect but will love and pray for you regardless.

' "Feller in here last week squawked to me about th' coffee, said it was s' weak he had t' help it out of the pot. That," he concluded, darkly, "was a Yankee lie." ' 

Some of the conversations and antics that happened made me laugh out loud, but then there were the serious moments in this book that had my heart racing and had the tears about to fall. Timothy and Cynthia need to learn communication.  Edith Mallory needs to just go away... 😠  And I want Barnabas to be my very own.

' He walked to the church and knelt down and prayed, having a good laugh with the Lord as he confessed he had no idea that he'd wind up playing hardball with Edith Mallory--and win. '

I love this series already and can't wait to dive into the next one!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

Deadly Secrets